In The Politics of Autism, I write about IEPs and FAPE. The Supreme Court ruled in Endrew F. v. Douglas County School District that the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requires public schools to provide more than minimal educational benefits to students with disabilities.
From Autism Speaks:
Accessing a free and appropriate public education for students of all ages with autism can be a challenge in and of itself. During a pandemic, it has become an even more confusing, difficult experience. Our Advocacy and Supports & Services teams are here to walk through some of the most frequently asked questions that we have received during COVID-19.Speakers:
- - Judith Ursitti, Director of State Government Affairs
- - Christa Stevens, Director of State Government Affairs
- - Bart Devon, Manager of Public Policy
- - Andrew Nelson, Director of Autism Response Team
- - Arianna Esposito, Director of Lifespan Services & Supports