The British Medical Journal (BMJ) will publish a “study” on July 27, 2015 examining 100 requests for euthanasia for psychiatric reasons in Belgium. Link to the early release of the study.
Four of the six authors of the study are connected to the euthanasia clinic in Belgium.
The “study” examines 100 consecutive requests for euthanasia at a psychiatric out-patient clinic between October 2007 and December 2011. The analysis of the data closed in December 2012. The data states:
- 77 euthanasia requests were woman, 23 were men,
- 48 of the requests were approved and 35 died by euthanasia,
- 1 died by palliative sedation (sedation with withdrawal of water),
- the average age was 47,
- 58 were depressed, 50 had a personality disorder,
- 12 were autistic, (I have an autistic son), 13 had post traumatic stress, 11 had anxiety disorder, 10 had an eating disorder, etc