Dr. Jonathan Tarbox of CARD talks to Shannon Penrod about ABA literature that parents might want to consult before their next IEP meeting. Here are the studies that he mentions:
- Lovaas, O. I. (1987). Behavioral treatment and normal educational and intellectual functioning in young autistic children. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 55, 3-9.
- Sallows, G., Graupner, T. (2005). Intensive behavioral treatment for autism: Four-year outcome and predictors. American Journal on Mental Retardation, 110, 417-436.
- Cohen, H., Amerine-Dickens, M., Smith, T. (2006). Early intensive behavioral treatment: Replication of the UCLA Model in a community setting. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 27, S145-S155.
- Eikeseth, S., Smith, T., Jahr, E., Eldevik, S. (2007) Outcome for Children with Autism who Began Intensive Behavioral Treatment Between Ages 4 and 7. Behavior Modification, 31, 264-278.
- Eldevik, S., Eikeseth, S., Jahr, E., Smith, T. (2006). Effects of low-intensity behavioral treatment for children with autism and mental retardation. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 36, 211–224.
- Howard, J. S., Sparkman, C. R., Cohen, H. G., Green, G., Stanislaw, H. A. (2005). Comparison of intensive behavior analytic and eclectic treatments for young children with autism. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 26, 359–383.
- Eikeseth, S., Smith, T., Jahr, E., Eldevik, S. (2002). Intensive behavioral treatment at school for 4- to 7-year-old children with autism: A 1-year comparison controlled study. Behavior Modification, 26, 49-68.
- Eldevik S, Hastings RP, Hughes JC, Jahr E, Eikeseth S, Cross S. (2009) Meta-analysis of Early Intensive Behavioral Intervention for children with autism. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 38, 439-50.
- Eikeseth, S., (2009). Outcome of comprehensive psycho-educational interventions for young children with autism. Research in Developmental Disabilities 30. 158–178
- Reichow, B., & Wolery, M. (2009). Comprehensive synthesis of early intensive behavioral interventions for young children with autism based on the UCLA Young Autism Project model. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 39, 23-41.
- Reichow, B. (2012) Overview of Meta-Analyses on Early Intensive Behavioral Intervention for Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 42, 512-20.